OWASP is an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to conceive, develop, acquire, operate, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of the OWASP tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security.
OWASP is completely vendor neutral and does not endorse or certify any company, service, or product. All presentations, training, and talks performed for OWASP are required to meet this standard.
The OWASP Foundation is hosting Virtual AppSec Days Training Events throughout 2021.
Submissions are being accepted for 8-hour virtual training courses. The courses will be offered in 4-hour blocks over 2 days. In an effort to be more geographically inclusive, you will be asked during the submission process to select time-zones you are willing to hold your trainings in.
Course dates are as follows:
Tuesday - Wednesday
- March 9-10, 2021
- May 25-26, 2021
- June 15-16, 2021
- July 20-21, 2021
- September 7-8, 2021
- November 16-17, 2021
We will accept up to 10 trainings per event
CALL FOR TRAINERS (CfT) & SUBMISSION
The OWASP Foundation is formally issuing a call for Trainers, opening December 14, 2020 and running through January 8, 2021.
Trainers can apply to give courses during any of the events. Trainers are allowed to make multiple submissions. We will not be repeating courses between events. The training audience will include developers interested in security as well as security professionals.
We are looking for training courses at all levels from someone new to the application security field to advanced topics for experienced professionals. However, all training submissions should have a focus on practical skills which are immediately applicable to an attendee’s job and have a significant hands-on element with tasks and exercises for attendees to attempt during the training.
It is highly encouraged for trainers to have previous virtual training experience.
- CfT Opens December 14, 2020
- CfT Closes January 8, 2021
- Notification to submitters January 22, 2021
- Program announced February 1, 2021
The reviewers will review your submission based on a descriptive abstract and detailed outline of your course. Including additional course materials will be helpful in our evaluation.
Please review your proposal thoroughly as all accepted abstracts and bios will be published on our site as submitted.
- Be Aimed at a Specific Audience - OWASP has a diverse audience that consists of novice to advanced level practitioners in different fields. Your content should be developed to clearly connect with a specific audience.
- Not be a Marketing Pitch - Submissions that double as marketing or including sales pitches within the training will not be accepted.
- Have a Clearly Written Abstract - Your Abstract is the only long-form marketing for your specific talk to our audience. It should be written so that attendees can clearly understand what you will be discussing and what they will get out of your class. Your abstract should include the learning objectives of the training.
- Have a Detailed Outline - Detailed description of how you are you structurering the course. Walk the reviewer through the training.
- Be Clearly Applicable - Classes which prioritize content that attendees will be able to immediately implement are preferred.
- Include Hands-on training - Hands on labs which allow attendees to connect meaningfully with content are preferred.
- Demonstrate the Expertise of Trainer(s) - The submission should highlight the experience of the trainer(s) in the subject of training and in delivering professional training.
All trainers will be required to submit a trainer agreement. The following conditions apply for those that want to provide training at the conference.
- Class syllabus / training materials.
- All course materials for students.
- Promotion of training on all available media eg. Twitter, Linkedin
- Trainer may brand training materials to increase their exposure.
- Training Platform
- Registration Logistics
Trainers will receive 50% of the revenue for their course up to $2,500. After that, they will receive 20% of the revenue with no cap.
All personal data collected during the submission process will be only for contacting submitters regarding their submission and will not be used for any marketing or commercials purposes. All data collected will be deleted once the selection process is complete.